Estate Planning Attorney &
Paula A. Clarkson
More than 20 years of experience in estate planning, probate, and trust law in California
Paula Clarkson is a founding partner and head of Merhab Robinson & Clarkson’s Estate Planning practice. She primarily practices in the areas of estate planning, probate, trust administration, guardianships, and conservatorships.
Ms. Clarkson has provided estate planning counsel for more than 20 years. She is a Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Probate, and Trust Law as designated by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
Ms. Clarkson was a practicing estate planning attorney at several well-regarded firms in Southern California before founding MRC with Marla Merhab Robinson in 2013.
Ms. Clarkson earned her J.D. at Southwestern Law School in 1998 and her LL.M. in tax law at the Golden Gate University School of Law in 2002, where she graduated with honors with a focus on estate and gift taxes and planning.
Areas of Expertise
- Estate Planning
- Trust Administration
- Probate Law
- Estate Tax
- Gift Tax
- Wills and Trusts
- Irrevocable Trusts
- Living Trusts
- Revocable Trusts
- Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax
- Advanced estate planning
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
- Qualified Personal Residence Trusts
- Charitable Planning
- Asset Protection Planning
- Trust Modification and Terminations
Awards & Accomplishments
- AVVO 10.0 Rating (Superb)
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- SuperLawyers-Certified for Estate Planning
- Southern California Rising Stars 2011 & 2012