The CDC has issued new guidelines advising that critical infrastructure workers may continue to work even after a potential exposure to COVID-19, as long as they exhibit no symptoms and additional precautions are taken. These extra precautions include:
- Pre-screen by taking the employee’s temperature before the employee enters the facility
- The employee should self-monitor for symptoms
- The employee should wear a mask at all times
- The employee should maintain 6 feet of distance from other individuals, to the extent possible
- Routinely clean and disinfect all areas and surfaces with which the employee is in contract
See the full CDC notice here.
As a reminder, here is a summary of critical infrastructure sectors from the CISA.