Stephen “Rusty” Kozak III
Stephen “Rusty” Kozak is an associate attorney at Merhab Robinson & Clarkson and practices in the firm’s Transactional Department. Mr. Kozak received his juris doctor from Hofstra University Maurice A. Deane School of Law in 2013 and earned a Master of Laws in Business Law at Chapman University Dale E. Fowler School of Law. He received his undergraduate Business Economics degree from the University of San Diego in 2009. Mr. Kozak attended each university on academic scholarships.
Prior to joining Merhab Robinson & Clarkson as a transactional attorney, Mr. Kozak worked as a litigation associate focusing on a wide-range of business and real estate matters. He also has experience as a Real Estate Specialist at a top Luxury brokerage where he assisted in the representation of multiple types of entities and individuals in processing a broad spectrum of real estate transactions ranging from residential purchases to complex land acquisitions slated for development.
While in law school, Mr. Kozak worked for his law school’s Community and Economic Development Clinic. He also served as a judicial extern for the California Court of Appeals, 4th District, Division 3 in Santa Ana and has had internships with Orange County’s District Attorney, County Counsel, Public Defender, and was the chief policy intern for former 3rd District Supervisor, Bill Campbell.
Rusty was born and raised in Orange County and is a proud alumnus of Mater Dei High School. When he is not in the office, Mr. Kozak enjoys playing golf and softball, surfing, snowboarding, watching sports, specifically the Angels and Chargers, participating in numerous civic activities for his hometown of Tustin, and hiking/relaxing with his flat-coated retriever, MJ.
- California, 2017
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- Chapman University Dale E. Fowler School of Law, LL.M. Business Law, 2017
- Hofstra University Maurice A. Deane School of Law, J.D., 2013
- University of San Diego, San Diego, California, B.B.A. Business Economics, 2009
Experience and Practice Areas:
- Commercial and Residential Real Estate Transactions – Drafting, Reviewing, Negotiating
- Commercial and Residential Leasing – Drafting, Reviewing, Negotiating
- Land Leases
- Land Us
- Eminent Domain
- Corporate – Entity Formation and Maintenance
- Contracts – Drafting, Reviewing, and Negotiating
- Employment Counseling
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Orange County Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- California Licensed Real Estate Agent
- Commissioner, Community Services Commission, City of Tustin