Marla Merhab Robinson
Business & Real Estate Attorney
Marla Merhab Robinson, partner and head of the firm’s Transactional Department, practices primarily in the areas of corporate, mergers & acquisitions, real estate and employment law. She has counseled and negotiated on behalf of California businesses and business owners for over 34 years. Her practice encompasses the formation of business entities such as corporations, LLC’s, partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, drafting of leases, real estate sales agreements, and finance documents. Ms. Robinson has also been designated by other attorneys as an expert witness in the areas of corporate and partnership law. Ms. Robinson has extensive business experience having been Senior Vice President/Corporate Counsel for an American Stock Exchange mobile home manufacturing and real estate development company during her initial years of legal practice. Ms. Robinson received her Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Administration from the University of San Diego and her Juris Doctorate from Western State University College of Law at Fullerton, California.
Ms. Robinson is a member of the Business & Corporate Law and Labor & Employment Law sections of the Orange County Bar Association, and the California State Bar. She was the 2011 and 2006 Chair of the Business & Corporate Law Section of the Orange County Bar Association. She was a charter member of the Western State University Alumni Association and completed three terms of office on its Board of Directors.
Ms. Robinson also served for three years as a member on the board of directors of Mary’s Place (formerly Mary’s Shelter), a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide shelter to pregnant and parenting teens. Ms. Robinson is an associate member of California Financial Services Association and is a member of ProVisors and Victory Leadership Lab. Ms. Robinson is a former member of SHRM, M&A Source, HRIC and Vistage International CEO Groups 4401 and 3303, and a former Director of the Santa Ana Chamber of Commerce.
Ms. Robinson, a fourth generation Orange County resident, regularly speaks publicly on corporate governance employer’s rights. Sample engagements include seminars for Orange County Bar Association, ProVisors, Lorman Educational Services, Pacific Mercantile Bank’s forum, KUCI Talk Radio, various insurance seminars and webinars on employment law subjects. She was an Associate Professor at Saddleback Community College teaching paralegal studies and was an Adjunct Professor at Western State University, College of Law teaching Employment Law (2006).
- Ms. Robinson has been given a 10 rating by Avvo, a premier lawyer directory.
- 2019 Women In Business Nominee
- 2015 Avvo List of Top Orange County Attorneys as published in OC Metro, August 2015.
- 2014 Avvo List of Top Orange County Attorneys as published in OC Metro, August 2014.
- 2013 Avvo List of Top Orange County Attorneys practicing in the area of Corporate Law as published in OC Metro, August 2013.
- 2012 Avvo List of Top Orange County Attorneys practicing in the areas of Corporate Law and Employment management Law as published in OC Metro, August 2012.
- 2011 OC Metro List of Top Orange County Attorneys in the areas of Corporate Law and Mergers & Acquisitions.
- Voted Woman of the Year 2009 by Orange County Association of Health Underwriters;